First Chinese Lesson


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Wudaokou
September 8th 2009
Published: September 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Dinner 2Dinner 2Dinner 2

So much beer!
Hello Everybody!

We had our first Chinese lesson today, so we don't have much to report for the day, we pretty much just went to bed when we got home - we were really exhausted for some reason. It was pretty cool - we feel like kids again because they make you feel like a kid again - just pronouncing sounds before you can even put them into words - although some of the sounds are incredibly difficult to make, I'll never look at the letter 'e' the same way again!!!

We went out to dinner at a cool place tonight too. It's called chuarn'r. It's food on skewers that's been barbecued. Standard stuff like chicken wings, lamb and other bits of animal, but some different things too, like bread, eggplant, garlic (just garlic), mushrooms etc. It was really nice. It's worth paying attention to what you're eating because the lamb ones have one chunk of meat and one chunk of fat put on the stick alternatively! I couldn't work out why it was so nice until Kate explained it to me, and then I didn't want to eat it any more! Would love to go there again though.
DinnerDinnerDinner

So much food!
The best bit was that for the four of us it cost about ¥85, which is the equivalent of $16.00 for all four of us, including drinks and everything, and we were completely stuffed by the end of it.

That's all to report for today, we have another lesson tomorrow and Friday, and from then on it's 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday), and we'll get some sighseeing and Chinese practice in in the afternoons hopefully. The lessons run from 9:40 to 12:10, so it's a pretty good time, it only takes up a morning.

Hope everybody is well, keep sending messages, it's great hearing from home - it's been so long ;-)

Bye!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Sticks make me sickSticks make me sick
Sticks make me sick

I think I ate too much, it was just way too nice
Clumsy LloydClumsy Lloyd
Clumsy Lloyd

Lloyd tried to look like he was winking seductively. It actually looks like he stabbed himself in the eye.


9th September 2009

MISSSSSSS UUUUUUUUUUu
Heya!!! whats up whats up LOL miss u soooo much Sue...(and Ray) hahahaha ROFL is that lloyd the one with the erotic t-shirt ??? jessica was telling me that tofu (coz i pronounce it that jap way) in haka means 'take ur shirt off' which i rekon is hilarious...i should use it when we go out to yum cha more often :P jks jks miss uuuuuuu xoxo hope ur having fun sue...(and Ray LOL) :)

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb