Day 26


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Olympic Park
August 19th 2008
Published: August 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 27

Two nights, twice in the Birdsnest and what an amazing place that is flags flying crowds cheering we got to watch some phenomonal performances, Danvers and Ohuragu both qualifying for finals, mens 10,000 Metres British High jumpers all through and our very last experience of compettition way isambyeva breaking the womens pole vault record!! The stadium is even more amazing than you would imagine and the cube is about the coolest thing I've ever seen its just amazing.

As the photo's show we went all out to support team GB flags and facepaint cheering and hollering, (plus we're show offs and we wanted to be noticed!) However be careful what you wish for...it may come true!! It took us an hour to walk 500m from the birds nest to the subway station as a series of locals asked to have there photo with us with there kids with there dogs plus the occasional morrocan, Ugandan etc. Totally worth it though.

Last day tomorrow and we're walking the wall and then going boozing with Paula and Sue before heading straight to the airport for an early morning flight.

See you all soon

JD and Nads


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb