Great Wall of China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Great Wall of China
July 30th 2006
Published: July 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello, I am in Beijing now, sleeping fine and learning lots of interesting things--like how women have to pee in a hole in the ground and public bathrooms don't provide toilet paper (I thought that opening would spice things up a bit). We climbed the Great Wall today, which was quite interesting...tons and tons of people there. I can't upload a photo yet b/c I am on a public computer...sorry. Tonight we went to a traditional Chineese dinner and amongst other more edible things, had frog, chicken feet, soft bones, and pork skins in jelly (I didn't eat any of them but Peter B did--I think he took a liking to the feet!)...We also saw three boys who were training in martial arts and they were like the matrix, spinning and kicking in the air, they also broke a piece of glass with a pin and popped a baloon on the other side. Tomorrow is our first lesson, then we are going to a brewrey. The school has a computer room, so I should be able to keep this up.

I am having a good time, it is really hot and the air quality is very poor...there is a lot
Chicken Feet and Pork JellyChicken Feet and Pork JellyChicken Feet and Pork Jelly

This is Peter's Plate
of pollution, worse then LA. Today was actaully much clearer and we all got some sun. Ok, more tomorrow! Love you and miss you all!

Advertisement



30th July 2006

Rusty?
My guess is Rusty is someone close to both of us. Anyway glad to see you are having a good time and hopefully getting work done. The Great Wall must be awesome. Too bad about the air quality. The food sounds "interesting" as weel as the restroom accomadations, in a hole? Nice indeed. Well keep up the updates, they are great. Yes and remember "wax on wax off" ( That's for Jay)

Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0674s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb