Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Great Wall of China
October 10th 2010
Published: October 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day three in China, day two on the tour and life has been very busy. I must keep this short as I am 'borrowing' the internet from Ralph and Maureen...I'm, too cheap to pay for it.
Yesterday: we started with Tian'anmen Square ; all 5 km it. Then we walked through the kms of the Forbidden City. The thing that amazed us was the immense size of these places. It is one thing to see it in pictures but the reality is something else. After that we visited the Heavenly Temple...more walking. Included in this was some shopping and lots of good food.
Today we climbed the Great Wall of China. Yes, we climbed it and made it to the 11th tower. By the time we got back we were all soaked with sweat. Darrel and Ralph were so wet that they needed to buy t-shirts. This was followed by a visit to the Ming Tombs and the Olympic Park. Again, lots of walking.
And..everything you have heard about the polution in Bejing is true. The smog is so bad that we have only really being able to see what is close by. Even the buildings across the street are in a haze.
Anyways..I need to got do some laundry and then off to bed. Pictures will follow as soon as I have my own net access.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.031s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb