Forbidden City is Allowed...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Forbidden City
September 13th 2010
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we had the honor of visiting the Forbidden City and Tian'anmen Square. The Forbidden City is the massive moat-encircled palace of the the Chinese Emperors built over much of the last millennium. Tian'anmen Square is the public square just outside of the Forbidden City. We have met half of the 10 families in our adoption travel group and they are all wonderful folks! We all traveled together yesterday. After visiting the Forbidden City, we all took a rickshaw ride touring one of the remaining old style neighborhoods (called Hutongs). These are evidently a dying breed of neighborhood in the push for modernization in China. See attached pictures for all the above.

It was a great albeit tiring day, perfectly designed to pulse everyone with enough sun to entrain us into local time before we all returned back to the hotel last evening exhausted and finally ready to fall asleep when the Chinese do.

Tomorrow: Hitting the Wall. It'll be Great!

JC


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



13th September 2010
Campbells in Tiananmen Square

Cool
Wow, you guys are a handsome bunch. Great to see images of your journey to meet Julia. Congratulations and best of luck!
13th September 2010
Campbells in Tiananmen Square

Love it!
What a great picture of all of you! It looks like you are having an AMAZING adventure!
14th September 2010

So cool!
Thanks for sharing these great photos! It is fun to share in the journey with your family! Amazing architecture and such a rich history! Soak it all in! Glad you are having a great time!
14th September 2010

WOW!!!!
I have been reading your blog every day and I love it!!!!!! Looks like China is beautiful, as Julia is too. Good Luck and Have Fun! Love, Victoria

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb