Good to be Home. So Grateful for the Experience.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Feng Tai District
August 8th 2012
Published: August 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A quick recap of our final two days and travels home:

Saturday morning was the closing ceremony. It was a wonderful celebration of the students' hard work and progress, as well as the Feng Tai-Jenison partnership. Seeing the parents beaming with pride as their children read, recited, and sang in English was incredibly gratifying. There were also performances by both a young Beijing Opera performer, and girls chorus. After the ceremony it was at last time to say a bittersweet goodbye.

Sunday afternoon we left Beijing and began the long trek back to the USA. Without question, it was difficult to leave behind Beijing and the students with whom we had forged such close relationships. At the same time, we were also feeling the excitement of seeing our families and being back home once again. There is no place like home! 8 checked bags, 4 carry-ons, 4 (enormous) tea sets, and two flights for a total of 13 hours in the air later, we were home!

Throughout this entire journey we have felt the ongoing support from our families, friends, and JPS colleagues. We appreciate the support more than you know. We are deeply grateful to have been a part of this experience, and feel honored that we could represent JPS in Feng Tai.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0262s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb