The legend story of Dragon's sons


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing » Chaoyang district
February 5th 2009
Published: February 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The legend of Dragon
In China, we have many tale stories about dragon, the most popular one is: The dragon has nine sons, and they have different faces and different jobs. Here is my story:

The First :Ya Zi
You can find it on the holder of the sword , he likes blood and looks like a wolf.


The Second: Jiao Tu
His body likes a oyster, always keep his mouth close, so people just make his pictures or his sculptures on the main gate or on the door knobs, quite good door keeper.



The Third: Chi Wen
This one who likes to sit on higher places, you can easily see them on the roofs of big halls in the Forbid



The Forth: :Pi Xiu
Also named Tianlu, he can keep away from evils, kind of mythical animal in ancient China, who has a dragon head, Horse body, alikea lion and can fly. He swallow everything but never take out from his body cause of he has no ass. So people believe that he can make more money and never let them be wasted.


The Fifth: Pu Lao
It is said that Pu Lao lives on the beach, and he is afraid of the sharks. He will make a very loud voice when attacked by the sharks. So people carved his image on the top of the bell, and use a shark shaped wood to bump to the bell, then we can hear the beautiful and loud sound of the bell.


The Sixth: Pa Xia
This one who likes water, you can always find them on the
bridge or on the terrace of big building in the Forbidden City,
as drainage system.

The Seventh: Qiu Niu
Shaped like a yellowish small dragon with scales and he likes music. You can find it on the Chinese traditional string instruments as a elegant decoration.



The Eighth: Bi Xi
Shaped like a giant turtle, and he likes to carry heavy thing on his huge back, mostly you can find that he carry a stone tablet. It is also said that bring good luck if you touch his head, and bring a health life if you touch his butt.



The Ninth: Bi An
Also named Xian Zhang, his face likes a tiger, mostly decorated on the wall of the prison. The prisoners should be frightened by the cruel Bi An Picture.


When you come to visit China and take a walk in The Forbidden, please take some time to search the nine sons of Dragon and see how many you can find?


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb