Cambodia-Laos-Chiangmai - India


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
January 14th 2011
Published: January 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Intro



This blog tells of our adventures in South East Asia and India. We have been to most of Thailand and Vietnam on previous holidays so we mainly concentrated on Cambodia and Laos this time. However we did travel to Chang Mai in Northern Thailand after Laos.
As we have used other peoples online blogs to gain advice about where to go etc I thought it would be a good idea to record our experiences (especially with border crossings etc) so that they may help other travelers in the future. Friends and family may also like keeping up with our travels especially when looking at all our photos!!

Just a bit of background info about us and our travels so far....

Visited Countries Map



Duncan and I have been travelling since September 2010. We started off in the Cook Islands and visited 3 islands - Rarotonga (the capital), aitutaki and Atiu. On a secluded beach in Atiu Duncan proposed and now we are engaged! However with 6 months of travelling ahead and then a working holiday in Australia - we are unable to make any plans!!

We then went to New Zealand for 5 weeks where we travelled from Auckland in the North Island to Queenstown and Christchurch on the South Island. We really enjoyed all of the outdoor adventurous activities available and we did quite a lot of trekking. Duncan did his first bungy jump and we both did a very scary sky swing!!

After NZ we went back into the Pacific and into the island of Samoa, here we stayed for just over 3 weeks - we really enjoyed staying in beach huts 'fales' apart from when we had tropical storms!!

After Samoa we travelled up the east coast of Australia from Adelaide all the way up to Airlie beach in a Jucy (bright green) campervan which was good fun! We also particularly enjoyed wine tasting in the Hunter valley and sailing the whitsundays!

Then we landed in Cambodia where this blog begins! I didn't think of the idea of a blog before so it's a bit late and probably a bit boring to go over all of what we have done so far!!

Our budget started out being $50Usd each per day- which does go a long way in Asia.
After overspending waaaay to much prior to arriving here, in Laos we reduced our budget to $30Usd per day!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



26th January 2011

So jealous!
I didn't know you were going back to Samoa, so jealous that you went to Lalomanu. I'd love to go back there, that's my 'happy place'!

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb