Siam Reap...Angkor Wat


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
March 1st 2009
Published: March 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

In the morning we got on a bus to Siam Reap.
We stopped a few times and saw Phil, a guy who had left our group in hanoi. It was great to see him and hear travelling stories since he left the group.
We got to Siam Reap, had a lovely blue room with pink pillows on the bed, and a balcony!
We had anorientation walk, went to a great bakery with white sofas, and brill sorbets, then to the market, baught a t-shirt from the Angkor What? bar and then back to the hotel.
I had bad roots so got a home dye kit from the market and leonie and i dyed our hair. Everyone else had gone out coz they were too scared to help in case it went wrong! This took a while so we stayed in this night and got food to the room : )
Chuffed with my hair, no roots and back to blonde! woo hoo!
Next morning we had to get up early for the 5am bus to Angkor Wat for sunrise. The night b4 emma had come back later than they were going to stay up and spent the rest of the night and the morning alseep hugging the toilet as she was being sick, poor girl had a few too many. This made it harder for some more than others to get up for sunrise!
We arrived in view of the main temple, angkor wat we waited for the sunrise...it was ok but too cloudy! we spend the day walking through various temples and acting as lara croft did in tomb raider! Funniest thing was there was an ice cream van in the middle of the day in angkor wat- surreal!
Everyone was really tired from getting up so early, but we managed to go to a mines museum on the way back.
Back to the hotel and we all had a good scrub, all our feet got so dirty from walking in sand all day! Clean, and we went out for a cheap, but lovely dinner. The Blue pumpkin bakery had a half price pastries from8pm everynight so i ran there after dinner to get some pastries, which were lovely and even better at only 50cent! After dinner we went to Angkor What bar where we bumped into Southampton(Tony) and Dolphin (Nessie-barman from sihanoukville who remembered all our 10 drinks order!), so sat with them, took over the table with the rest of the group, and then headed back around 12ish.

Next morning we slept till 11, bought some dvds and burnt all our pics onto. Leonie and i then went to boom boom room where we burnt some stuff onto our ipods, movies, albulms, whatever you want! Had a busy but chilled day doing bits and bobs, then back to the hotel, packed our bags for the next day and then out to for dinner then to night market where i bought a tin tin vest, then to Angkor What bar again. We stayed a bit longer this night, met some of phil's friends- rich and shane- and then back around 2ish.

The next morning we got downstairs early as we wanted a decent seat on the bus. My ipod served me well on this trip, was chuffed with the new things i had on it!

We crossed the border into Thailand, had lunch then onto a new bus. This bus was much better, seemed as if it had just come out of a music vid/pimp my ride! A few hours on the bus and a movie watched on my ipod later we got to bangkok. Left hand drive, and saw a tescos!!!!!

Arrived at our lush hotel and quick shower and change and out for dinner. Everyone dressed up as this was our last proper night as a whole group.

We had dinner in a small restaurant just off Koh San rd and then had a drink in a street bar. Literally this means a bar out the back of a van and they bring out chairs and talbes....getting into the thai vibe! hahaha.

After this i had a txt from clayton and was going to meet him on Ko Sahn Rd. We all went there and tom, leonie and i stayed for a drink with him and his friends. The others went somewhere else, as it was too busy and confusing to all sit together.

That night wasnt too much of a late one as we were getting up early so leonie and i headed back.

Next morning we managed to get emma booked onto the same train to chang mai as tom and i, then i had a nap, and up again to meet clayton + checked into a hotel on ko Sahn rd. I met clayton who was hungover, had brekkie, then we went shopping in a 7 story shopping centre, MBK. 4 hours later i had a custom belt, a cheap but lovely bag, and ipod-tv connector and some diesel jeans! 😊 happy girl!
We went back and tried to meet miles, our cousin who lives in bangkok. We arranged to meet in a bar, but didnt realise there was 2 bars with the same name. We found the other bar an hour later, when we had just met up with the guys we had plans with for the night. We saw miles for half an hour and made plans for the next night in stead. Left miles and got a taxi to where the others had gone. After a few drinks we had to say bye to a few people and a few tears were shed, but toni tom and i then got a taxi back, we ate dinner about 11pm and then i went back to our hotel and watched a movie then sleep.

Next morning we went for brekkie with the geordie girls, had a walk around and bummed around for a bit, added some more stuff on my ipod, tom went for a swim, we saw the geordie girls off on their flight to oz. Later in the day we met miles again, for an hour or so, then met our new group at 6pm. After a quick meeting we went back to meet miles and ben.....then tom, toni, me and ben went with miles to an english pub, and had brill eng pub food! After the food, we were all stuffed and went to the cowboy street....full of go go bars, was an interesting night but the guys surely enjoyed it!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb