It's Hot, Damn Hot


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia
December 24th 2016
Published: October 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 11.5588, 104.917

After a couple of relatively uneventful flights we have made it to Phnom Penh, capital of Cambodia where it is a balmy 30 degrees. Fortunately it isn't humid but I have been hugging the shade. We arrived at the hotel about 11:30 so by midday were out and about exploring. The local place on the corner of 136 and 51 streets did us well for lunch. Fresh stir fried veges and chicken and a cold beer.

A walk down a street which promises to liven up later in the evening with the Amour Bar and Pink Pussy Cat with purple velvet furniture led to the promenade along the Meekong River. It looks very muddy and has the usual rubbish along the shore but I did spot a number of 'house boats', although not like those on the Oxford Canal.

The locals are really friendly, no hassles to buy things or if you take their photo. Things are really cheap, USD is acceptable but you get local currency in change.

I haven't met the rest of the tour group yet, including my room mate. We do that in a couple of hours. There will be 14 all up. The only other person I know so far is Adolf from work who was the instigator of the trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



24th December 2016

Not sure these wires would have passed Kordia inspection!
24th December 2016

Looks like Genesis has been here, all a mess

Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb