Sihanoukville - time to chill


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
August 15th 2017
Published: August 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The bit that we've really been looking forward to.... Going to the beach!



Our new hotel, in Sihanoukville, looks better In the photographs, it looked a little delapidated, but it's clean(ish) and the bed is comfy, that's all that matters really.



We headed straight to Otres beach via Tuk Tuk to have lunch and spend the rest of the day. For the majority of the journey, the clouds seemed to be getting lower in the sky and it looked like rain, which started as soon as we arrived at the beach - typical! Great, the only rain we've had and its when we are at the beach. Despite this, we had a lovely day! We found a nice bar on the beach, had lunch, followed by pancakes then spent the rest of the day relaxing: playing Uno, having a pedicure, messing about taking photos, drinking cocktails and really unwinding. I so rarely completely relax, it was really good for me.



Harry took us for a BBQ meal near the beach tonight and I had a delicious beef kebab. We also shared a bottle of red wine, we were a little dubious about how it would taste, but it was actually quite tasty.



We decided to stroll home and on the way there was a dark piece of road where we could really hear the frogs calling to each other (we could still hear them back in our hotel), they were so loud! We also saw a huge snail, it was nearly as big as my flip flop! We rescued it from the road, as it was in danger of being squashed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb