A Casual Rainy Day


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
July 27th 2011
Published: June 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Movie TimeMovie TimeMovie Time

Home style theatre in Sihanoukville
Geo: 10.6053, 103.531

After arriving home 3.30am, soaked last night, todays lack of planned activities was a welcome relief. We eventually woke around 10, to the sound of heavy rain. The rain would continue for most of the day. Nat and I elected to get up and go for a stroll. We found a nice little resteraunt for lunch called the Holy Cow. The resteraunt named after a diseased woman, was licked by a random cow, which apparently cured her. Clever!
The rain persisted, and the afternoon was spent at a private cinema watching 'the Killing Fields' (fitting indeed). That just about took us through to dinner time. $10US got me 3 courses and 3 cocktails. Garlic Bread, Mixed Grill and Crepes. Yum! Dinner was accompanied by a vintage monsoon season storm. It lasted about an hour, just intense downpour, which dissappeared as suddenly as it arrived.
I'm typing this now from a supermarket neighboring our hotel. Its about 10pm. Tomorrow we will be leaving this place for our homestay, some 4 hours away. I'm sure this will be an interesting experience. Im excited and a little cautious at the same time.
I have plenty of photos to share, and when the oppertunity arises I
Time for a MovieTime for a MovieTime for a Movie

Nat at the movies. We thought it fitting to watch 'the killing fields' about Cambodias tragic past.
will upload a couple from each day! Otherwise, my next entry will occur in a few days from Siem Reip (the city nearby to the Ankor Wat).
Im having a great time so far. The people are generally very relaxed and friendly. You do get hassled a bit from poor people/ store vendors and tuk tuk drivers but it gets easier and easier to just say no. The weather has been largely quite good! Aside from the last couple of days we've hardly had any rain at all. The temperature is warm and sticky, but not unbearable. I think we're getting high 20s and about 80% humidity.
Im relieved we have a good tour group/company. Everyones friendly, enthusiastic and fun. We've a good variety of people.
Photos will be coming soon!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Cambodian EngineeringCambodian Engineering
Cambodian Engineering

The building next to our hotel... under construction. Yup, thats bamboo scaffolding.
Our HotelOur Hotel
Our Hotel

The Holiday Inn... under construction


Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb