Day 62 Cambodia, Sihanoukville.


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
December 24th 2014
Published: December 26th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi People,



So we finally got to Sihanoukville on the bus, we were dropped off in this dodgy looking bus depot. (Vick was still angry at my drunkness yesterday) We managed to chat to a German and British couple who agreed to share the price of a stupid $12 dollars to our hostel (was meant to be $4 the hostel for all of us!!). Vick haggled it down from $5 each).



So our hostel the 'Everythang' is nice, very rustic, all bamboo cladding and beams, the people running it are really friendly and helpful so we are defo on to a winner here!! We are in a dorm with 6 people, our bunks are ok just that awkward height to get out as you drop a few inches which scare you when you're half awake going for a wee!!!



So first thing is Im still loaded up with man flu and its bad coughing sneezing and aches but I'm battling through!! My first mishap was Vick was unpacking in the dorm , so i looked at this old hammock on the balcony near the dorm so i get in and it snaps and i fall straight through a dorm roof smash my back into the main beam and landed on my face!!! I came out with no one seeing me and go to see Vick, she looks at me and is like "whats happened to you?? Why are you covered in dirt and grass??" Well it sums up me in a nutshell!!! (she laughed more than gave me sympathy but i don't blame her).



We decide to have a little sunbathe and swim as our beach is amazing and so beautiful!! After a while we decided to have a wander down the beach and have a look what's on offer!!! So Beer is roughly $0.50 a pint or $2 for a 5 pint pitcher so I love it!!!



We booked up a boat trip for the 26th to 3 islands which includes breakfast, lunch, water and boat all for $12 BARGAIN!!!



We had booked up xmas dinner in our hostel but walking down the beach we saw a better deal for starter, main and dessert so booked it up instead. (more of a ropey bar but looked ok, people running it had taken way too many drugs in their life).



After a good wash and change we headed down to a local bar for food and drinks, it was ok cheap and cheerful, Vick's was ok, mine was really good BBQ pork so tender and tasty...i love it!!!



We headed back to the hostel had a drink and headed to bed early as i was still feeling like shite!!! (Vick really is the best girlfriend in the world putting up with me as everyone in our dorm was heading out to the party strip and I think she wanted to go).



Thats everything (coughing a lot as I'm writing this!!) 😞



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb