arriving on the island


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
November 4th 2012
Published: December 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was a very busy weekend with packing and some things that I still wanted to do in Phnom Penh. But finally on Sunday morning we went with the bus to Sihanoukville. We were five who went to the island, we had a nice time in the bus. But then the bus broke down. Luckily we were right next to a garage. The guy there said he could fix it, but the bus company didn't want to pay him, so he didn't fix it. So we waited next to the bus, the driver was trying to fix it himself. Suddenly there was a loud explosion and there was a lot of black smoke, so everybody moved away from the bus. It was then that I heard some tyroleans speaking next to me. It was a couple with their daughter, funnily enough the mother was from Kitzbuehel and new my grandparents! The world is really small! After quite some time they repaired the bus, everybody went in again and we continued our journey. We finally arrived in Sihanoukville, where Ali, the project supervisor, picked us up. We were so hungry, we had some noodles first, which was quite a good experience because we only got chopsticks to eat them! It was good that Meng from China was with us, she showed us how to use them. After a two hour boat ride we arrived really exhausted on the island, it was dark already. We had to cross shitriver the first time to get from the village to our bungalows. The toilet from four houses just end in this river, that's why we call it like this. There is a raft on it with ropes on both ends, so you can just pull yourself over. The volunteers are all really nice, but we were the oldest, so we new arrivals call ourself the grannies. We also went to Huas for a drink, but then we were so tired, we just fell asleep immidiately.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb