Sihanoukville


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
June 1st 2011
Published: June 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We arrived to Sihanoukville on a sleeper bus from Siam Reap at 6am and im not going to lie i was not in the greatest of moods! Due to my stupid long legs i did not fit that well on my sleeper bed and woke up every hour very uncomfortable! Lets just say it was not the best journey! So when we arrived at our hostel i just went straight to sleep! When we woke up it was 2pm and still really sunny so we headed to the beach! You would think we would have learnt by now about the street children but i think we must have still been asleep as when we got to the beach we got ambushed by a group of street sellers! They proceeded to follow us onto the beach and basically hovvered around us all day! My patience was definately tested that day! The children were the worst as some of the older ones became very rude when trying to sell us bracelets! They catch you bu giving you a 'free'one and asking your name and then they do not let it drop the rest of the trip! The beach was quite nice though and i had a good swim! In the evening we went out to the busiest bar called JJ's where we met up with some girls we had met during the day who worked there! It was there last night so they were celebrating by getting absolutely wasted and taking everyone else with them!lol! It was a mental night...there was limbo, pole dancing, shots, dancing on the bar, swimming in the sea and general mayhem! Best night ever!!!!!!!!

The next day i was convinced to get on a bike again to go and find a quiet beach further down the coast! I only agreed as i was assured that i would be surrounded at all times by my friends and that the roads would be quiet!lol! I felt a little more confident but i still winged and was quite unsteady for most of the journey! I also got a puncture which just put me off entirely! We found this gorgeous little boy who told us his dad would fix it for me! The boy and his parents were the sweetest family and spent ages fixing my punctured wheel! They seemed so shocked and happy when i gave them some money and they really made my day! The quieter beach was a lot more beautiful than the main beach the sand was whiter and the sea bluer and we did not get harrassed half as much! We all ended up falling asleep on our loungers for a couple of hours!

On our last day, we were planning on going on a boat trip around the islands however when we woke up the heavens had opened and it rained practically all day! Instead of wasting the day we made full use of all indoor activities by going for a full body massage, watching 'Limitless' in our own private cinema and then going for dinner at one of the beach bars! I loved the food here, it was all fresh seafood bbq and it was delicious!!However, it started to monsoon when we were finished eating and there was a power cut so we had to huddle inside one of the bars by candle light until the power came on! It was actually quite scary for a while!lol! We woke up early the next day and got the bus to Phnom Pehn!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb