27 March 2010


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Sihanoukville
April 26th 2010
Published: May 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

I eat breakfast on the beach, kept company by a lady who has left her hubby asleep. Then it's a chat to a couple of people from the group that we chatted to yesterday.

When Rik wakes up we go to a bar where a birthday party was held last night (we only found out about it this morning - boo!) The manager of the bar uses the remnants of the party and throws a small party for some local children and it hits us how excited the children are by things that are taken for granted in the UK.

We play some pool at the bar and the rest of the children watch and cheer as one of the kids and I play against Rik and beat him. Woo hoo! After that, it’s chilling in a bar and chatting to people as we try to decide what our first stop will be in Vietnam: it is not as easy as it looks on the map (buses to Ho Chi Minh go via Phnom Penh and if aiming for Phu Quoc island, a bus over the border is required first). We eventually decide to do the 13-hour bus journey to Ho Chi Minh.

We book the bus but it cannot pick us up as larger vehicles cannot make it over the dirty track, so we also book a tuk tuk to drop us at the station in the morning. We then pack as there will be no electrticity in the morning, spend some time in the bar next door and return to our bungalow early as we have to be ready for the tuk tuk at 6.30 in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb