Day 24 - luxury pool and easy shopping day in Phnom Penh


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
August 12th 2015
Published: August 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 24 - luxury pool and easy shopping day in Phnom Penh

Ahhh.... Pure luxury this morning! We slept in until about 9.30, then went down for breakfast. For the second morning I really enjoyed the muesli before my ritual omelette with bits, followed by fruit. We are being spoilt here.

After breakfast we have planned to go up on the rooftop to enjoy the infinity pool. A short swim, relax on a sunbed .... on a pre warmed towel! Then a dip in the spa pool, OMG. It was amazing, so luxurious!

The scenery, the coolness, the moment.... Unforgettable!

We were really enjoying the moment until three young English lads turned up with their Cambodian, "girls". I'm not a prude by any stretch, but it was enough to turn my stomach. The lads were loving it, being adored, massaged, also having their egos massaged at the same time. Ugh! I love you long time Mr ATM!... WHAT?!? How stupid are these boys? But on the flip side, they were getting everything they were paying for! That's business I guess, just really didn't want to be in the audience, I didn't buy the ticket!

It did cut our time short at the pool, but I did thoroughly enjoy the time we had.

After getting changed we went to reception to book the taxi for our flight tomorrow. We have a 40 minute flight to Siem Reap in the morning.

Then it's out for our morning coffee. We are going up to Costa Coffee on the way to the National Museum of Fine Arts.


Housed within an impressive red sandstone structure, The National Museum of Art stands out as a fine illustration of the traditional Khmer architecture. With over 14,000 interesting exhibits. The museum is a treasure trove of artifacts portraying Khmer or Angkorian culture and history. There many statues of Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma, so lots of Hindu and Buddism connections.

We gave $1 to have our palms read, think Helens on one about it... Lol! Just because mine stated don't be obstinate! She has taken every word on board now...oh no!

We had a coffee stop whilst we got out next bit of planning sir


We'd; the outcome being that we will get a tuk tuk to the Russian Market. As it said on Internet, it was very claustrophobic, but all the markets are like that inside. You do hey used to it.

We ready knew what we wanted, so literally whizzed round in no time, withe on haggling mode! As we came out we negotiated our next tuk tuk to take us back, another iced coffee is needed to sort out the, "begging from Peter to pay Paul" syndrome due to not having small dollars!

On our return journey we pass the Monument of Independence. A great photo opportunity! This monument was built in 1958 for Cambodia's independence from France in 1953. It is in the form of a lotus-shaped stupa. It is shown on the 500 riel banknotes.

Further along the journey, going along Preah Sisawath Quay, there are big groups of people exercising, it reminds me of Hoan Kiem Lake in Hanoi in a morning!

We arrive at Browns, get the drinks in, we are sorted in minutes! It's amazing what a good iced coffee does for me!

I have been wearing the Ogden strap all day, it's been the best solution to keep my arm immobile on bumpy roads that we have had all this time!

I can't barley even it is 6.35pm already! Where on earth did today go! Each day seems to be going so fast now! The next decision will be where do we eat? And what shall we eat?

We set off to find food when we noticed that the night market is open. Quite funny really, we have passed it every night whilst we have been here. There is a huge sign at the entrance advertising Phnom Penh Night Market, but it has been very bleak.... No stalls, no people, and most definitely closed every night , but tonight, it is well and truly open! So obviously, we can't resist! We did for in a browse around. A couple of items bought by Helen. It will be funny watching her pack it all in!

We decided to go Thai/tapas for our evening meal. It was a self-made fusion meal! A great choice of restaurant, and a good choice of food. A meal very much enjoyed by us both! Although it was Helen's responsibility to finish it off, as she gets more hungry than me! Lol

The last stop before going back to our hotel is to stop off at the bar on the corner of our street for an iced, minted lemon tea!

It's been a good day today. We have managed to see everything that we wanted to in Phnom Penh. Another good job done!

Good night tea on the balcony!




Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb