Crusing the sites of Phnom Penh by party tuk tuk


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
November 30th 2011
Published: November 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After finding out that the bus to Phnom Penh wasn't allowed into the centre of city due to the water festival we jumped in a tuk tuk with a couple of kiwis and headed for the hostel we had decided on. It turned out we had found the only tuk tuk in Phnom Penh with a sound system and accompanying music video player.

After enjoying the journey we decided to hire the tuk tuk for the next day. It was a great decision. The next morning we were picked up from our hostel and taken to the Killing Fields, which I think is a must if your ever in Cambodia. A very well narrated audio tour accompanies you as you wander through one of the many places across the coutry where terrible acts of genercide took place.

The rest of the day was split up going to s21 (a prison where enemies of the state were housed before being taken to the killing fields), a Russian market (where everything and anything was on sale) and some more sites that weren't so memorable. Whilst with every journey our tuk tuk blared out gangster tunes! Much to our amusement and to the locals.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb