Farewell Cambodia


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
February 20th 2007
Published: February 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

A final note from Cambodia. Tomorrow we return to Vietnam. Jasmine had a nice 15th birthday starting with the beach and ending with dinner at "The Snake House". The beach was very crowded (I should have brought a picture to load) do to Chinese NewYear lots of Khmers and lots of trash and the beggers and hawkers in full force. The Snake House is a restaurant with snake cages in the tables and a wide variety of poisonous snakes, fish, birds and a crocodile. Do to the Russian ownership they even had perogies on the menu, a favorite of Jasmine's. We are back in Phnom Penh now, my foot hurts, Trudy Cam and Jas are in the market. Added a couple pics from our highway stop a couple weeks ago where I tried the deep fried spider. Cheers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Spider manSpider man
Spider man

Trying not to let the spider touch my lips. A bit like jerky.
15th birthday dinner15th birthday dinner
15th birthday dinner

Our snake table.
The moto footThe moto foot
The moto foot

Some interesting shades of green and purple and I have graduated to Codeine.
Piggy going to market.Piggy going to market.
Piggy going to market.

Finally got a decent pig pic for John.


21st February 2007

lawnmower man
What is it with you and your lower extremities? Seems like you are bound and determined to become a one legged pirate. You are still having way more fun than me.
21st February 2007

amazing
looks like an amazing place to visit. quite the experiences. hope your foot is getting better. spider thing is very gross, yuck. have enjoyed your entries. travel safe
23rd February 2007

bug off !
Thai bugs are a great snack when seasoned properly. A voracious appetite helps too. Evan, take care of that foot and enjoy the island.
27th February 2007

nice...
Hey roto-moto man - nothing like keeping a leg up on things. looks like your wildlife supper beats ours hands down. i'm still trying to imagine how you would load a pig like that? take (more)care!
2nd March 2007

Winter
Nice way to spend an Alberta winter...wish I was there! It's -15 in Whitecourt today...don't you wish you were here...great pictures...sorry your bum wheel is "bugging" you...happy pill popping though...! You're family looks like they're having fun...

Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb