Phnom Penh


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
July 2nd 2005
Published: July 1st 2005
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Phnom Penh


all is good here at the moment, have had two weeks of heading out the Zoo (Phenom Tamao) and starting on the project i have been set with weekends of seeing main things in town - Royal Palace, Killing Feilds of Cambodia and Museum.

So you all know what the hell i am doing out here, here is a brief rundown... the Zoo is very much at its initial stages but very much a wildlife rehabilitation centre for many confiscated animals... (there are elephants, lions, tigers, otters, so many sunbears, so many gibbons!, so many birds and more!). I am currently working on putting together some interpretation signage for Section 1 of the Zoo. Idea is to create a little more awareness of the species found in this area (Siamese Crocodile, Elk's Deer, Pig, Munjac, Civet, Gibbon and lots of birds!), the ecosystem of the Tonle Sap and the threats facing many of the species in Cambodia, due to poaching and harvesting for meat, skins, medicinal use and the animal trade.......

i have been staying at the OKAY guesthouse.. which ... is... Okay, to put it simply - but has nice guys that work there that take out by moto to wherever you want to go....(and get a funny look when you want to walk, as if you just don't walk when you could get a moto!).. and is only a short walk from the main town and royal palace and just as far to the main food and pub strip. The only 'club' we have ended up in so far is called 'The heart of darkness' which sums it up pretty well... its ok at 4.30 in the morning!

will send through some photos when i have taken some... may head up to Siam Reap in the next couple of weeks.

Advertisement



3rd July 2005

Hello
Hi Bec Great to hear from you. Having worked in Cambodia for a short while I know exactly what you are experiencing. Have fun and enjoy!!! Go gal!!!!!!!!!!!!
4th July 2005

hi there
hi bec it is good to hear from you.it sound like you are having fun we missed you at the zoo review the other night i had a few drinks for you anyway i will talk to you later miss ya heaps kyles

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb