GOOD BYE Vietnam


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » South » Phnom Penh
December 1st 2006
Published: December 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

FINALLY!!!!!
I have left Vientnam. Not saying that in a bad way, but i was begining to think that i would never to get to any of the other countries that i hope to see as i was spending so much time there. WEll it was just over three weeks but when you have only 8 1\2 for travelling you got to make the most of it!!

I had been hanging around with a Scottish girl and a german girl (who could really speak her mind. thank god the germans didn't take over vientnam that is all i have to say) but we were having such a good time together, with their leading me astray with socialising so much (thats the new word for drink) that it was hard to leave them.

For about 5 days i was in Nha Trang an area that is in the middle of vietnam and spent 3 of those 5 days trying to get out!!! but the problem was that there was too many pubs that did not close till 4 and then of course you have to go for a swim in the beach before going home (The only logical thing to do after drinking copious amounts of alcohol) AND THEN THEY CATCH YOU!!!! with the only buses out of the town going a 7am!!!! Needless to say that is where the problem lay.

Finally i broke away with the only sane way out out of the town was to take a sleeper train, so that i am on a train with out the temptation of Drink!!

i arrived down in Saigon and only spent a day there as i was really running out of time but ashley you will be happy to know that i did go to the Cu chi tunnels. These are tunnels that were built during the vietnam war to give the northern Vietnamess a chance to escape after combat. You were allowed to crawl through them and they are after making them double the size for us big westerns, but you wouldn't think it as they were stilll tiny and hard to get through. It was another place that gave great insight into the vietnamese war. Along with that i was also reading a book about the vietnamese war so really feel that i have learnt as much as i can about it.

So then the next day i left to cruise on the Mekong Dealta for three days. It is one of the longest rivers in the world and boy do you feel it as i have only sat onb my arse for the past three days. The tour ended in Cambdia where i now am but just arrived today but for what i see so far so good.
I think that p.c room is closing i think the dead give away it the door is now closed and the lights have been turned off so i think that it is time to say bye for now
looking forward to seeing you soon
Rosie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb