is this my jason bourne lifestyle ?


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
September 12th 2013
Published: September 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

is this my jason bourne lifestyle ?



i m not running from the law, if anything my records are crystal clear, not even a driving ticket in past 25 years,

but i am a fugitive

from the corporate world. Being in its prison cell all these years trying to please superiors who are basically $%!&(MISSING)#$ in their own rights and who truly think they rule the world...after being promised raises and promotions only to be passed over...time and again...

i am now far away from it.

only to find solace in distant lands and to be a King of my own day.



as i sit and write down my simple daily adventures, i hope to inspire readers to also step out of their house and create adventures of their own.

in todays world of easy access world travel, its hard to know that many folks dont even consider travel to exotic lands and foods and wonderful ever smiling people whose simplicity would show you who is truly richer in life.



its true that heaven is right here on earth. there is a reason why we have eyes in front of us and not on top of our heads. but we somehow miss it all as we live in our crowded world of simple nonsense.

come on, admit it. to some if not most of us..it is nonsense....



waking up early monday to go to work with no real appreciation from anyone except your downstairs coffee vendor who possibly is the only one who truly understands you and the bitter work week only ends late friday...so you can go and get drunk at your local bar as if its really that cool to toss your head...but...it was the highlight of your day or week....if thats not the definition of insanity then what really is.

it is time you woke up and said hey this is not how to live a life....



so i left it all. threw all my worldly belongings into tiny white boxes from the Container store located on 16th street in manhattan and jumped on a plane to the other side of the known world of unknown dialects.

i have two passports giving myself that jason bourne movie feel...i know sounds silly but i do have it....funny too..i was born in August...same as jason bourne...i know all this sounds too silly but hey, it is my adventure after all...



so as i sit and write all my tales...large or small....awesome stories of intrigue...or my morning battle with my toothpaste....( btw i won...ha ! )

may you be inspired..to do something cool about your life...you dont have to visit my neighbourhood....just do something so that you can look back later on...and smile...

in the end of our days when the accounting is complete ( trust me we all will have that day coming ) ....let it not show that all you did was watch life....as a sideline spectator...but that you did participate in it...as a player...

this is not about winning or losing....its about living...a life....according to you.

maybe i will see you sitting next to me...at a beachside chair...looking into the distant islands....sipping a colorful drink with a funny little umbrella....maybe you will tell me your story....for i will listen....most interestingly.....



so heres to your travels...and new adventures....link your writings to me...would be cool to read them....

till the next blog....



stay hungry...stay foolish....( from steve jobs )

cheers...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.172s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb