Boat ride from Poipet to Siem Reap...


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
September 27th 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Boat Trip 33 secs
Yes, we woke up alive. Very happy for that.
Now we had a 7 hour boat ride over flooded land and floating villages.
The boat was not what was on the picture, more like a long barge! Anyway, all part of the fun.
We passed lots of villages which were floating and some floating shacks in the middle of nowhere, amazing how people live there.
We stopped for lunch on a floating shop. Amazing toilets, a hole in the wood straight into the water. Yes, there were people swimming and fishing in it! Nice, we never ordered the fish of the day. They also had pigs in a pen on a raft. Cutting through bush and narrow lanes we made it through. The highlite was as we got to Siem Reap, a girls bag fell off in the water, unlucky. So we circled and picked it up.
We got a cool place here, Ancient Anchor Guest House. Swimming Pool and free internet. The rooms is great, aircon, fridge and satalite TV.
After we settled in, Linda went straight to the pool and tan. Tom and I head off to the crocodile farm up the road. What a load of crap. $3 to see a small swimming pool full of crocodiles.
Now we are waiting for our new friends from USA and Canada, Drew and Kristen , so we can go to town for dinner and drinks.
Tomorrow we have hires a driver for the day and will go see the temples. I can't wait, supposed to be amazing. Linda and I will spend 3 days looking at all the temples.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb