Puddles and potholes!!


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Siem Reap
September 22nd 2008
Published: September 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok so day one was a mega early start, piled onto our bus to the border. Long journey in a very small space whilst matt held onto the bags piled in the back proved very testing!! You get to know who has the ability to sleep ANYWHERE and in ANY position.. crazy!

We arrived at the border after a few hours and took an hour to walk to various places to sort visas etc. The border crossing is very odd as you have to get off the bus at one side, walk through and get your passports checked, then walk elsewhere to get your visa checked and then walk across the border to get on another bus.

Then we began what can only be described as THE bumpiest car journey ever, our tour guide Mara called it the dancing road and to put it simply it was purely potholes and puddles and not a whole lot else!We almost hit a cow at one point and Gary who was in the front seat was rather petrified.

We arrived in Siem Reap after another few hours and i think everyone was glad to get off the bus and not have to worry about de-capitation by rucksack!

Guesthouse was very nice but the steepest steps on the planet-not good to tackle them after a few beers!!
Nice group meal and a few drinks in-of course an IRISH bar- so typical in every country, although it was rubbish for getting to know each other as we couldn't hear a word anyone else was saying!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb