Off to Battambang- stop 2


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Battambang
December 21st 2023
Published: December 27th 2023
Edit Blog Post

After 6 nights in Siem Reap, it was time to move on to our 2nd destination and we decided to travel by boat rather than road. It was run on CMT - Cambodia Maybe Time - beginning with a pick up by Land Rover with the luggage put on the roof.The next stop was to collect a man and his bicycle which filled the vehicle but we then picked up another couple who sat in the back on a bench with the 🚲 and luggage. We made our way to Tonlè Sap, the largest freshwater lake in South East Asia, where we joined 11 other people for the journey. Our luggage was again put on the roof and we set off.

We cut across the northern part of the lake passing some fishing boats and through the first floating village, which is the one visited on day trips from Siem Reap. Then we meandered through lily pad fields and down the Sangke river passing through lots of floating villages. Some had chickens in makeshift floating coops attached to the side of their house. We saw people washing; shopping and fishing, some using nets others using large wooden constructions where the net laid flat on the water then it was hoisted up to drain releasing the fish into a container. We did make a short stop for lunch then continued on down to the outskirts of Battambang. The journey took almost 6 and a half hours but was a lovely leisurely way to travel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement








27th December 2023

Looks great
Really enjoy reading about your adventures and seeing the photos. Keep up the excellent exploring x
28th December 2023

Fab trip
Fab following your tour. Brought back wonderful memories of Cambodia. Enjoy next stage of your holiday.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb