Day 10- Temples, temples and more temples...


Advertisement
Cambodia's flag
Asia » Cambodia » North » Angkor
January 4th 2008
Published: January 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Preah KhanPreah KhanPreah Khan

Taken as were leaving Preah Khan
Today was a blur of temples - all beautiful. We saw Preah Khan, Ta Som, Neak Pean in the morning. Of those I think Preah Khan was my favrite. When we get back to the room I mark them in my Dawn Rooney Book (I'm trying to keep track of the temples we saw on the trip) and we head to Cafe Indochine for lunch. It seems to be our restaurant for lunch- we've been there every day this week! we keep trying different things, but keep coming back to the Carmel Pork! I'd love to get the recipe!

Back to the hotel, and I finally decide to take advantage of the 30% off massage services coupon from the hotel. It's right at the hotel, and a 1 hour massage with foot massage is a whopping $8.

More temples this afternoon. Finally get to Ta Prohm, and though I can't understand the multitudes of languages being spoken, two words keep coming though..."Tomb Raider".The Cambodians must LOVE Angelina for bringing all these people here...(not that the movies the only reason they come!)

Our temple tour cumulates in watching the sunset from Pre Rup, instead of with the throngs at
Yep! it's a hole...Yep! it's a hole...Yep! it's a hole...

Peeking through a hole in a Banyan tree at Preah Khan.
Angkor Wat. We stake out a good spot, and find there's a man selling Angkor Beer there to accompany your viewing. There's also the requsite children selling postcards and such, and he's such a good little salesman I buy some postcards and a wooden flute from him. The sunset is marginal at best, but the atmosphere is jovial and we have a good time. We encounter a tourist policeman who tries to sell Bill his badge...$25! If I'm not mistaken that's a whole month's salary for him...we decline, and we see him occasionally attempt to sell it to someone else. We mentioned it to Ponheary when we got back to the car, and she just told us he really needs the money. It's a different world...

Back to the hotel and Pub street for dinner and drinks. We also went to the night market, shopped around a little and visited the Tiki Bar at the back...it's pretty packed but my Pina Colada was lousy. WHAT WAS I THINKING???


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 48; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb