6 Tips That Will Help You Travel Alone Without Fear


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma
July 16th 2014
Published: July 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Sacrifice is perhaps the biggest bug that irritates people, who love to travel in groups. Most people love to present their own opinion, thereby increasing the number of available options. This is done in almost all parts of the tour from where to stay, or what to eat, or how to go. This is the reason behind expert travelers expressing their interest for travelling alone.

With time, the idea of lone travel has become popular around the world. People from one end of the globe are visiting the other end, completely on their own. However, there are still some questions in the mind of people, who are looking for an upcoming trip without anyone. Hopefully, the following tips will come handy before the tour, and help people remove any clouds of anxiety -

1. Make Proper Research

According to the expert travelers around the world, if proper research is done, the task of travelling to a place becomes a lot easier than before. Gather as much information as possible on an area before you set out for it. Moreover, always have a Plan B, and, if possible, a Plan C in case you face any trouble. Remember, there is no such thing called over preparation.

2. Rely on Your Logic and Instincts

There are certain things that might test your logic, as well as, instincts when you are in an unknown place. For example, roaming about in the dark alleys in the night is not a good idea at all. Similarly, taking a ride back to your hotel from a stranger is one thing to be avoided. The world is not so dangerous place as most people think. Just avoid those things that you do not feel comfortable to do.

3. Know More about the Local Culture

Gathering appropriate knowledge on the local culture of the place you are about to visit, might prove to be helpful. For example, travel and tour agent to Myanmar would definitely warn you not to wear anything open to the temples. Instead of revealing clothes, they tell visitors to wear covering clothes. Such things might vary from one place to another. Therefore, knowing them would prevent you from facing any unwanted situation.

4. Do Not Drink Till You Drop

Always maintain two rules while drinking on a trip, where you are alone. First of all, drink as less as possible. Second, never accept a drink, no matter how mild it is, from a stranger. If thirsty, drink at your own room at the hotel.

5. Keep Someone Randomly Informed about Your Location

Today, in the era of the internet and selfies, it would not be much of a trouble to keep people informed of your whereabouts. However, if you are not such an internet buff, still keep someone close informed about your position, hotel, flight tickets, and any other thing, which might seem significant to you.

6. Loneliness is Temporary, Peace of Mind is Permanent

You might feel lonely while sitting at an empty table enjoying your drink. However, as soon as you are on the streets, such things will disappear, and you would not feel lonely anymore.

Countries in Southeast Asia like Myanmar are a great place to start your first trip completely on your own. Pack your bags, and set out to travel alone without any fear.

Summary: People, who are self-sufficient, and want to enjoy complete freedom and peace of mind, should travel alone more often. The tips provided above will not only help them roam freely, but will also reduce their fear by a great extent.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb