Magical Burma


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Yangon Region » Yangon
September 24th 2010
Published: September 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Live like a GovernorLive like a GovernorLive like a Governor

Orient Express' Govenors Residence in Yangon
Burma was magical, delightful people , serene atmosphere, so many contrasts. We started our trip in Yangon, stayed at the residence of the former Governor, really nice. Wandered around the city , went for drinks at the old Strand Hotel, wonderful photos adorn the walls. A visit to the 'House of Memories' was next, this is where the father of Aung San Su Ke had his office, a bit strange and eerie at first , but after a few drinks and the company of some locals sheltering from the monsoon rains we began to enjoy ourselves. We then made a visit to the British War Graves Cemetery just outside the ciy, beautifully kept place of rest, do go and visit. At the end of our trip to Yangon we stopped to take a last look at the remarkable Shwedagon pagoda, we pulled in in the rain to watch it from a distance and were amused to find a group of Burmese ladies of various ages 'doing their morning routine' , dancing to a DVD , shown on a telly in the boot of a car, to off all things 'The Macarena' , will try and add video clip.

P.S Have
At RestAt RestAt Rest

Lady tending war graves at CWG ouside Yangon
not managed to upload video or photos as yet,any suggestions?
Have figured out how to add photos and videos,great

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb