Myanmar (Burma): The Time Is Now


Advertisement
Burma's flag
Asia » Burma » Northern Burma
March 2nd 2013
Published: March 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Inle LakeInle LakeInle Lake

Leg Rower
Hoteliers far and wide have reserved their sites within the cities of Myanmar, awaiting the final approval to begin their construction and change forever the face and character of a country renowned for its simple beauty and unparalled wonders.

Today one can walk the marble tiles surrounding the magnificence of the Shwedagon Pagoda, finding a mere handful of visiting tourists, traverse the plains at Bagan amidst the hundreds of chortans, pagodas and temples, remnants from the time when this site was the capital of Buddhism, whilst hearing only the trotting of hoofs upon the ground and the whistle of the wind among the trees. The opportunity is there, for the moment. All too soon, with the restrictions on travel now lifted, the country will experience an overwhelming abundance of visiting travelers. Hoteliers, who ran near empty for decades, will now find both businessmen and tourists competing for room nights. In Bagan alone, Burma lays plans for 100,000 visiting tourists each year.

There is no other place in travel that offers the beauty and fascinations found in Myanmar (Burma). The Shwedagon Pagoda alone is reason enough to make the journey. In addition, consider the leg rowers of Inle Lake, the
Ananda.TempleAnanda.TempleAnanda.Temple

Pagan (Bagan)
splendid panorama of chortans and pagodas that dot the plains surrounding Bagan and a people ever so warm and gracious in their welcome to visiting travelers. Soon it will be different, never again the same.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Horse.CartHorse.Cart
Horse.Cart

Near Mt. Popa


Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.019s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb