Is this the dullest country in the World?


Advertisement
Brunei's flag
Asia » Brunei » Bandar Seri Begawan
May 27th 2007
Published: May 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the blatant opinion there. I know how I get in to trouble when I post them but our two days and one night in Brunei's capital seemed like an eternity.
The trip from Miri to BSB was short and comfortable and we settled in to our slightly less than desirable accommodation. Having had a quick wander around the mosques and having checked out a few of the sultan's palaces we soon realised that there really was little else to do. The evening in BSB was utterly dead and we couldn't even drink away our boredom as there is no alcohol in the whole bleeding country. The highlight of our evening was collectively doing a sewing repair to one of our day sacks!
Happily the next day we decided to take the boat tour around the Malay stilt village. Whilst this, in itself, was not that interesting (we'd already seen a similar stilt village in Krabi anyway), we did manage to get the bloke to take us into the jungle to see some proboscis monkeys up close. These, for those who don't know, are the massive monkeys with the big noses and are only found on Borneo.
In the afternoon we were on our way back to Malaysian Borneo and to the same hostel in Miri.
Next blog, Singapore!

Take care folks,

Linz and Bri


Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb