Trongsa


Advertisement
Bhutan's flag
Asia » Bhutan
October 25th 2012
Published: October 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we went to the dzong in Trongsa. It is very old, and quite magnificent. Trongsa is just about in the middle of the country, so in days past, all travellers from east to west or visa versa had to,pass through this fortress. The chap who unified Bhutan started from this state.



View from the guest house is also incredible. A bit of a different day today. Usually we are running, running, but today we did not,have breakfast until nine, with morning yoga from 7:30 to 8:30 . A real treat. This,afternoon we had a two hour meditation workshop, and there is yoga again before dinner. Tomorrow we have a LONG drive, ten to eleven hours to go 200 kilometres....amazing, but true.

We have done all sorts of,yoga, some classes are what you would expect, others are just breathing, one class was a hand massage, and another was chanting....something for everyone. It has all been interesting to try out.

I feel like I am just starting to get to know the people on trip. Since much of,the time is spent in class or in temples or on the bus, exchanges are somewhat limited, but it is
a wonderful experience, for sure, and I am so,very happy that I came.



Attached a photo of the dzong and the view from my balcony.



No post tomorrow, due to the crazy travel schedule.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.234s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb