Day 02: Memories of Bhutan (Thimphu >> Punakha) with Druk Asia (Jan 2020)


Advertisement
Bhutan's flag
Asia » Bhutan » Punakha
January 13th 2020
Published: February 9th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Monday, 13th January 2020

After concluding our sight-seeing plans for Thimphu in the earlier part of the day, it was time to embark on a somewhat winding journey to Punakha, about three hours away from the capital city. The beautiful Punakha Valley was going to be my home for the next two nights.

Halfway through our journey, the driver made a pit-stop at the gorgeous Dochula Pass located some 3100m above sea level. This was where we were rewarded with great views of the Himalayas on a clear day. Next to it, stands the neat 108 Memorial Chortens perched on top of a small hill where plenty of photo-taking opportunities were possible.

Before reaching the Punakha Valley, we paid a visit to the Chimi Lhakhang Temple where the deity, "Mad Saint" or the "Divine Madman" was housed. It is believed that newly-wed couples who wished for a child would make a pilgrimage to this temple hoping to have their prayers answered.

Arrival at the Zhingkham Resort in the evening, I was fortunate to have the most spacious room to myself with a balcony overlooking the valley and the beautiful Punakha Dzong. Certainly, this is not an overstatement to proclaim that I had arrived at "Paradise" on day 2 of my Bhutan trip.

The Zhingkham Resort is such an amazing place to stay that I would probably remember for a very long time!

Advertisement



27th February 2020
Paradise found - Zhingkham Resort

Paradise found
Truly an inspiring view from the balcony...spectacular!

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb