Baitul Mukarram National Mosque Visit {Day 2}


Advertisement
Bangladesh's flag
Asia » Bangladesh
December 16th 2022
Published: October 11th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Baitul Mukarram is the National Mosque of Bangladesh. This mosque practices the dominant religion in Bangladesh, Islam. As soon as we saw the mosque we were blown away, the beautiful architecture truly made our trip worth it. Muslims often go to a local mosque on Fridays, which is exactly the day we decided to go to truly be immersed in the local culture. The sermon was almost entirely in Arabic, which is typical for most Islamic services. Prayer time led after the sermon, allowing us to take in the peaceful atmosphere and look at the architecture inside. The two patios inside of the mosque allowed for just enough light to enter the prayer hall to bathe us in the sunlight. This mosque was more modern, as excessive decoration is avoided inside, allowing for more of a minimalistic feel. After the service concluded we took a walk outside to appreciate the sheer size. The Baitul Mukarram stands eight stories high, and if that wasn't tall enough for you, it's also perched on a platform that helps the mosque to stand 99 feet high from ground level. After the two hours we spent here, we finally left.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0319s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb