Sunday January 17, 2010


Advertisement
Bangladesh's flag
Asia » Bangladesh » Cox's Bazar
January 17th 2010
Published: January 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Good morning from Malumghat, the home of Memorial Christian Hospital for ABWE in Bangledesh.

The temperature this morning is cool (50-55) and it'll warm up nicely to 65 or 70 today.

The SLC (Spiritual Life Conference) is in its third and final day. I've preached 3 times and have 3 more today. Lynette spoke at a ladies banquet last night and had her hands done with "henna" (a temporary tatoo type painting on the exposed part of her hand).

Our only problem has been a breakdown in the water supply so we carry buckets to fill toilets and generally don't shower. Its a child's heaven! !

The compound here is huge. The hospital has 8 doctors at this time. Generally, however, they have 2-4. They also have over 200 Bengali workers who do everything from grouns to help in surgery. Yesterday we were invited to view a surgery and several went, however, I chose to be very busy somewhere else.

The compound is on ground about 30 feet higher than the surrounding flats. The flats are actually below sea level and the truth is a large part of the country is technically below sea level.

Because this is winter and gets down to 50 at night, this is the season to grow crops similar to Iowa summer crops, i.e. corn, tomatoes, etc. The main crop in country is rice.

Bangledesh is a land of water (a delta land) and people (150,000,000). So far we've never been more than a few hundred feet from some water and generally closer to people. Bangledesh is about the size of Wisconsin.

The missionary family here is excellent. First class group. The ministry to them has been very rewarding so I trust the Lord is pleased to use it for His Glory and their Good.

Thanks for your prayers! ! !

Pastor Rich and Lynette

Advertisement



18th January 2010

we miss you!
good lord;s day coming to an end. good to hear from you and to hear all is well. we are also glad for those you are ministering to. they deserve it and you can do without a shower for a few days. there was no pizza tonight but otherwise all is well. don't miss the airplane leaving for waterloo ! vikings beat the cowboys. are'nt you glad i'm reporting all the important news to you ? looking forward to having you home soon. may the Lord bless you! helga & arnold
18th January 2010

Have a safe return
We have been praying for you. Had good attendance at church yesterday. no pizza last night.

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb