my afghan adventures..


Advertisement
Afghanistan's flag
Asia » Afghanistan
February 25th 2005
Published: February 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well i finally broke down and went shopping today.. it was ODD to be on the roads.. in this big vehicle and see a man and a donkey cart going along the road next to me..It has been very cold here it is winter after all.. We had some VIP folks around Hillary Clinton and John McCain.. yeah fine big deal..all they did was clog traffic even worse and we cant get mail when they come as the security tightens even worse than it already is.We even had a Rush Limbaugh sighting.. yawn.........
It has taken a full 2 weeks to get myself adjusted here the altitude caused me to be woozy often.. like i had been on a roller coaster all day..This city is soo dirty.. burning wood for heat doesnt help..and with no services to keep up trash and dust just accumulate even more..Each day I look at the snow covered hills and wish I could go and see whats up there but thats out of the question for now at least... Heres a note to ponder.. why does a country with women in Burka's have billboards with Arab women in bathing suits smiling as if it was summer? think on that..

More to follow as time allows.. My Afghan adventures continue..

TC



Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0713s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb