ANTARCTICA EXPEDITION CRUISES


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

3 Types of Expedition Ships




For the reason that the Antartica is a famous destination, numerous cruise ships sail to the peninsula. These Antarctica expedition cruise ships can be classified into three types: research ships, expedition ships, and luxury ships. First, you will need to determine which category of cruise ship suits your need. After that, make sure you pay attention to factors like on-board facilities, workers ratio, and meal quality. Every Antarctica cruise ship provides something unique, and it is always worth paying more to get your first preference. Let's look at the three types of cruise ships in Antarctica


1. Research vessels




Research vessels are meant for those travelers on a budget. Previously, the research ships were utilized as research vessels, and now they have been a transformation into cruise ships. For this reason, most on-board facilities are basic and functional. This means that you can't get any form of luxury. However, this doesn't mean that research vessels aren't perfect. This because they provide a kind of cruise that feels like a real expedition that all other types of cruise ships. These ships are the toughest, and they offer a great deck space for viewing wildlife. They are small, and this makes them perfect for shore landings and activities.

2. Expedition ships




The expedition cruise ships tend to be more costly than research vessels, but affordable than luxury ships. Antarctica expedition cruise vessel is the most liked cruise ship since it offers excellent activity options but still comfortable. These ships are small in size, and this means you will get numerous show landings. The expedition ships are purpose-designed for the poles. This means that they offer a fully equipped lecture room, excellent viewing spots, and a well-designed layout.

3. Luxury cruise ships




While the luxury cruise ships are costly, the level of comfort they offer is higher than that you get at the expedition or research ships. The rooms in these ships are well-equipped, the meals are superb, and you'll benefit from facilities like sauna, spa, Jacuzzi, and gym. Luxury ships are huge, and for this reason, you won't have numerous shore landings since the ship can’t make port in shallow bays. Having said, a small luxurious ship will offer a great experience than the luxury ship. However, you can always go for the luxury ship if you have money to spend.

The cost of Antarctica cruise




If you are planning to have a ten-day itinerary to peninsular aboard a research ship, you should expect to pay $6000-$7000. If you intend to board the expedition ship, expect to pay $7000-$8000 and on-board a luxury ship you will pay $9000-$12000. For an excellent 14 days experience, including South Georgia or Circle Crossing, you will be $9000-$15000 and more for the luxury ship.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.1kb