Entering Zimbabwe


Advertisement
Africa
July 27th 2014
Published: July 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

25 July:

New adventure even for our tour guides as our itinerary changed due to the political unrest in the north of Mozambique, we were headed back towards South Africa to cross to Zimbabwe from there. We stopped along the way to stay at Massinir dam at the national park that connects to Kruger in South Africa. The drive was a long day with a few stops along the way for snacks and lunch. We arrived and was net as we drove over the dam itself. Our camp was in the bush for the night and pretty basic. According to our guides, one of the worst campsites they had ever stayed out. Coming from East Africa though for us, it was pretty nice.

26 July:

We started early to have a safari drive through Mozambique national park through to Kruger. We saw many elephants, impala, and giraffe. We couldn't stop for much though as we were in a hurry to reach our campsite. Our camping was at Tshipise where we were to just stay close to the boarder of Zimbabwe.

27 July:

Our day was spent with two hours at the boarder of Zimbabwe to get our visas for the country. It took forever with everything had written and such taking from 7:00am to 9:00am. The rest of the day was spent driving to reach our campsite at Great Zimbabwe Ruins.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb