Dubai december 28 - 29/2010


Advertisement
Africa
January 4th 2011
Published: January 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Dubai

We look out of the window of our plane. Down we see the barren landscape of Saudi Arabia. We left Dubai not long before. The day before we were in Johannesburg. It took us 7 hours to fly to Dubai. There we spent the night on an uneasy bench. And now we go to Sao Paolo. It will take more than 14 hours. Not really a shortcut to cross all African continent first, but it was the cheapest option and Emirates has an excellent service. We talk about Africa, how it was. Words come up like adventure, freedom, soul, fantastic people, but also expensive and sometimes hard. We liked specially Uganda, Tanzania, Madagascar, Mauritius, South Africa and Namibia. These countries are so different, every time we were surprised.
After some hours we see the coastline of Africa. We are going to leave this continent behind us and we are up to cross the Atlantic Ocean for South America. Maybe we will return once. Just before we left I finished Out of Africa from Karen Blixen. Finally she left her coffeeplantage near Nairobi. When she leaves her house she tells her servants to close the door. But the door stays open, an old tradition. It means you always can come back.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb