Africa Encompassed?


Advertisement
Africa
January 13th 2010
Published: July 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post


Hi all,


A brief note to say I fly to Kenya tonight (snow permitting) with the cellphone number of a physics Professor at the University of Nairobi! Planning to meet up with him and view the annular eclipse on the morning of the 15th .... bit random I know but eclipse-chasers.com has been a source of highly amusing and helpful people - albeit slightly geeky.

My Intrepid tour assembles in Nairobi on the 16th and we hit the road the following day. If you are interested, this is the link...

http://www.intrepidtravel.com/trips/uor

its called Africa Encompassed and takes in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Zambia, Malawi, Botswana, Namibia and South Africa...am unbelievably excited though a little reticent of living in a tent again for 3 months....it looks liek an epic journey.

If anyone feels like throwing caution to the wind, Africa Encompassed is made up of these 4 trips

YOG, UOU, UOB and UOG - you could come along for part of the way! Visit http://www.intrepidtravel.com/, plug in the trip codes and see what you think!


Its been fab catching up with many of you over the festive season and looking forward to seeing you in a British Spring... Im back at the end of March to start work again on 6th April.

Who knows what internet access I shall have as i trek from Kenya to Cape Town but will endeavor to keep blog and photos going. Stay in touch! Always good to get messages - even though it may be grey and miserable and recession black....!


Kwa heri (means bye in Swahili)

Hannah xxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb