Me again...


Advertisement
Africa
February 6th 2010
Published: February 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hmm, not much has really happened in the past week.
I spent Tuesday and Wednesday invigilating exams for standard 4 - so boring. I had to sit in the classroom the whoel day and repeatedly say 'silence' 'be quiet' 'i shouldnt be able to hear you talking' 'boys, will you be quiet' etc etc, you probably get the idea. They completely ignored me and just carried on talknig amongst themselves for most of the exam! i did feel very sorry for them though. most of them arent even 10 and over the two days they had a 2hr 30min exam, 2hr 15min exam, 3x 1hr 40min exam and 2x 40 minute exams. How mad is that? there is no way you can expect children of that age to be quiet for that amount of time. They had finished all the exams within 30-40 minutes and just had to sit there then. the ones who were tlaking i made stand up, and if they stood up more than once ib ab exam, they had to put their hands on their head, or stand on one leg etc - they had inished the exam at this point! they found that quite amusing! i did a count down on teh board for how long they had left, which they had fun guessing how long there was left - none of them picked up that i was doing it every 5 minutes...
On Thurday and Friday I got to mark all their exams - they did shockingly badly - very few got half on any of the papers, so they are probably in for the cane next week 😞
Went out for Davids Birthday last night - to a restaurnat and then Nomads - a bar/club in town.
It is his birthday today and we bought him a birthday cake, and are now going out to play pool in another bar somewhere. Just waiting for Priscilla and David to come and collect us, as we have no idea where we are going!
Have nothing planned for tomorrow, so i think i will make a poster to go in std 8 classroom about what they need to go in their compositions... will wait and see if that actually happens...
we had so much rain yesterday! the entrance to the matatu station is very flooded so will be going for a swim to get to school tomorrow... is quite nice though - not so much dust! it did wait until i was leaving school to start, so i had a nice walk home in the rain - was absolutely soaked.

Ihave put 3 photos up on facebook, am trying to do more, but there is only 1 computer that i can use to do it in here unless i download something again.

xxx

Advertisement



6th February 2010

hey
did you have to sit with the kids for all of their exams or did you rotate with other teachers? Have seen the photos on FB they are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! miss you loads <3
10th February 2010

Me again..... as well
Just a quickie as I should be working!!! Having more snow as I write - not looking forward to the journey home - nothing too much but v icy underneath. One of your Bon Voyage balloons is still floating. Will it be there for your return? Take care Luv Dad
15th February 2010

Me again
Sorry to hear about the change in weather but I am sure they need the water. Pictures are great - looking forward to seeing some more. Love Mum xx
10th March 2010

hi
i read ur mail a bout ta exams day but so bad gal,ur realy trying so much 2teach ur class.plz see me b4 u fly.miss u guys!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb