Winneba Hospital Story


Advertisement
Africa
July 16th 2009
Published: July 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

From witch doctors to medicines there are many beliefs on the healing process, but can artwork be the catalyst to a speedy recovery?

Projects abroad, a reputable volunteering company have kindly donated GH¢ 1,100.00 worth of paint to Winneba Municipal Hospital.

The donation will be put to good use, with plans to decorate various building with art work and paintings. Paint is obviously not the most practiced of medicine, however it is believed to create a conductive atmosphere for a speedy healing process.

Dr. Mohammed Abdullah a Medical practioner at the Winneba Municipal Hospital gratefully accepted the donations saying: “Artwork and a vibrant atmosphere can sometimes act as a medicine, it provides a good atmosphere and psychological relief or healing to those who are sick or seeking health.”

Volunteering company Projects Abroad have been operating in Ghana since 1998, supporting the development of Ghana with international human resource in various sector of the Ghanaian society. The organisation donated over 50 gallons of paint to the grand sum of GH¢ 1,100.00.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.688s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb