Dinner at the Aquarium


Advertisement
Africa
February 6th 2008
Published: February 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Table Mountain with its tableclothTable Mountain with its tableclothTable Mountain with its tablecloth

Table mountain with its "tablecloth" of clouds.
Today began on a slow note. The late night last night caught up this morning. Didn't wake up until 8:30, and that was too soon. Headed down for a late breakfast, then back to the room to catch up on some work stuff. Chris caught up on e-mail replies and I struggled to activate my Discover 3D licence (thought I did it a long time ago, but it appears not). After multiple e-mails back and forth with the kind woman at Encom, apparently others have gone through the same issues (thought it was just me and my ignorance), so will try to sort through that first thing tomorrow morning. We finally headed over to the conference just after lunch (better luck with taxis, it arrived within about 5 minutes of being called by the hotel).

This afternoon we caught a few talks that were interesting. We manage to visit a few booths and picked up the Intierra maps that we had sent data to be included on. Will go through it in detail tomorrow, but looks like the maps worked.

We left the conference centre around 6 and walked to the waterfront. Table mountain was fantastic tonight with its
Royanna at the WaterfrontRoyanna at the WaterfrontRoyanna at the Waterfront

Had Chris humour me and take a picture of me at the waterfront - needed at least one photo with me in it to prove I was here!
tablecloth of clouds. They were spilling over the side and looked like a slow moving waterfall, it was spectacular! We stopped in one store, bought a couple of small things, then headed over to the aquarium for our dinner with Coffey mining. The aquarium was lots of fun. The best was the clown fish display with a spot to come up the centre of the display and look from the inside out. Took a few pictures of us doing this, the best was after dinner, I showed Nana, Francis and Judy (Francis' wife) this fun activity - they had so much fun as we all snapped a lot of pictures.

Dinner was enjoyable, chicken, lamb, potatoes, rice, salad and cheesy vegis. Dessert was brownies and ice cream - delicious! We sat at a table with a bunch of strangers and chatted with the two on either side of us, who were quite nice people. Will upload a few pictures, we have a lot from this evening so will try to pick the better ones.

Hope everyone is well and staying warm!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Moray EelMoray Eel
Moray Eel

There were two Moray Eels in the tank. Amazingly big creatures!
Chris and NanaChris and Nana
Chris and Nana

Chris and Nana (from Ghana) in front of the fish tank
Clowning AroundClowning Around
Clowning Around

Having way too much fun! Royanna with the Clown Fish.
Chris and the SharkChris and the Shark
Chris and the Shark

Neat viewing sites for the underwater predator display. The sharks were impressive.
Francis with the Clown FishFrancis with the Clown Fish
Francis with the Clown Fish

Francis (from Ghana) is taking a turn in the centre of the clown fish display.
Nana and the ClownfishNana and the Clownfish
Nana and the Clownfish

This was just so much fun!


Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb