Nkwazi Safari Charter Services


Advertisement
Zimbabwe's flag
Africa » Zimbabwe » Lake Kariba
June 1st 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Nkwazi Safaris is a small company that operates 2 large house boats out of Lake Kariba. My wife and I have the distinct pleasure of riding on both of these beautiful boats over the course of a week during our trip to Kariba. The two boats - each sleeping 8 people (not including the crew) with a max capacity for 16 people - are in the process of being remodeled this year. Their names are the Lady May, and Salon Prive. Lady May just went through an extensive power plant upgrade and Salon Prive will be getting some new bathrooms shortly. Each boat has a master suite in the back down stairs - all cabins are in the lower deck - and each has its own bath room. The middle deck houses lounges and dinning rooms, and the upper deck has a Jacuzzi, bar and a sunning deck to work on your tan. The boats both have similar layouts with subtle differences, but are both equally stunning.
Nkwazi charters the biggest boats on the lake, and they are by far a level above your standard fishing yacht. They provide a full service option to their clients - who essentially pay one price that buys you an all inclusive boating adventure. The boats come with a captain, cook, and a deckhand that are yours for the duration of your charter. They can go where you want, and also tow a couple of tender boats that your party can use to go on fishing or game viewing excursions. Scott Conlon - the manager of these 2 fine vessels runs the operation to the highest level of professionalism, and will tailor the charter to the very specific requests of his guests. The reality is that your time on these boats will be especially unique - and will cater to your needs or ideas in an effort to bring to you an adventure of a life time on Lake Kariba.
Lake Kariba is well known for its spectacular fishing and wild life. One of the best options out there to experience the lake is to travel around on these boats.
Nkwazi will handle your requests and transfer to and from Kariba. We had a very memorable time on these boats with friends - it was very relaxing and we were treated like royalty.
The boats charge a flat charter fee of US$2000 per night, so the more people your group has, the cheaper the cost per person - and remember - it’s all inclusive per person.
You can call Nkwazi and ask for Scott at +263 4757398 or email them at: scott@nkwazi.co.zw. He will take care of you and work to bring you the African experience you are looking for in Zimbabwe.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb