Victoria Falls Day 2 (wow!!)


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
February 13th 2013
Published: February 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

No photos today (well not yet) as too many to look through and select the best of the bunch! (Those who know Lou will know this is not unusual but we took loads and loads!)

The day started with a monkey invading the room to steal sugar but because of that we were treated to a family of 2 adult and 2 young zebra grazing outside the balcony.

Then we had breakfast folowed by a guided tour of the falls with the fabulous Arson (pic to follow). Wet doesn't even describe how drenched we were. The falls were faster and more full flowing than yesterday as there had been heavy rain and thunderstorms last night. Even so Lou managed to get really close to the river Zambezi at the top of the fall's Eastern Cataract.

After the walk the sun made an appearance and we had a swim and did some sunbathing, interrupted only by a family of Zebra grazing aronnd the pool.

The day was rounded off nicely with a sunset cruise on the African Queen up the river where we saw hippo and a croc.

Several G & Sprites later and now we are writing the blog so apologies for any typos but we were told the more we drank, the more we would see!!!

Next stop Johannesburg again.......

Thanks for all your comments (especially Barbara!) we hope you are enjoying our news.

L & D xx

Advertisement



16th February 2013

Now that's what I call a waterfall !!!
Hi,to both of you.Diana,you should know the reason I chose the above title comment. Enjoying reading your blog accompanied by great photos. Look forward to seeing more. Take care and continue with the adventure and new experiences. Love. Margaret& Mike..
20th February 2013

Made contact.
Hi, Managed to read your first two blogs. Looking forward to some photos. Don't swim with the crocs. Temp here -3degC so enjoy the sun. Cheers John x

Tot: 0.189s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb