Vic Falls - WOW!!!


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
August 22nd 2012
Published: October 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our days on the truck are coming to an end but we still have a lot to see and do. Today we left early in the morning to head towards Livingstone. We got to Livingstone around 1pm and got a chance to go and see Victoria Falls. It was really amazing to see, there was a rainbow in the water whilst we were there and depending on the way the wind blew we got sprayed quite a bit from the falls. We were able to see people sitting up at what was known as Devils pool, it is an area on the edge of Vic Falls where people can go swim, however there are a lot of safety concerns as there have been people who have fallen over the edge due to the current. It was so amazing seeing this natural wonder.

After seeing Vic Falls we made our way to our campsite in Livingstone which was really lovely. We quickly set up our tent and went for a swim before heading to the restaurant area where you could sit and watch the sunset over the Zambezi river. Some members of our group opted to go on a river cruise but we decided to stay at the camp and we were so glad we did – the cook made beef sausages and mash for dinner, we were so happy, it’s the simple things in life. That night in the tent I heard quite a lot of noise, I went outside with my headlight and was certain there was men near by cutting down trees so I quickly got back into my tent! (The next morning I was told it was the elephants that come close to the camp as they are from a nearby reserve)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb