Zambia Victoria Falls


Advertisement
Zambia's flag
Africa » Zambia » Livingstone
October 27th 2006
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After one night in Johannesburg we flew into Livingstone. We were picked up at the airport and taken back to the Zambezi Sun which was to be our home for the next 3 days. We looked around the room briefly threw down our stuff and decided to get a look at the falls. It was just a 5 minute walk from our hotel and although it's the dry season we still thought they were awesome. By the time we got back to our room it was trashed. Apparently one of the housekeepers had left the balcony unlocked and the baboons decided to break-in and snatch our fresh fruit platter as well as root through the rest of our stuff to see if we were hiding any more food. They tore open one of our bags and threw our clothes everywhere. We didn't have much time to worry about it though because we were off on a riverboat cruise on the Zambezi. The cruise was pretty cool, we saw hippo, giraffe, crocs, zebra, and even some elephants. The next day we decided to take an ultralight flight and then spend our afternoon exploring around the falls. From the air we had an excellent view of both sides of the falls and the ride was much smoother than we had thought it would be. The next morning we were both supposed to go bungee jumping off of the Victoria Falls Bridge but do to a case of food poisoning only one of us actually made the jump. From here it's back to South Africa where we'll spend two weeks driving around the country.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb