New house!


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda
March 25th 2008
Published: March 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We moved! We've already been at the new house for three week, but it's been so busy with visitors and work, that I haven't been able to write much. The new house is much better than the old house - in that it doesn't cost an arm and a leg! Yay. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a generator, but that is basically the only complaint. The good news is, we have hired a guard who takes good care of us and watches out at night. We are now living with Catherine, our friend from Canada. She is trying to figure out her next move, but may be going to Rwanda? Not sure. It's fun, anyway. Just yesterday, she was given a chicken by one of her child-headed households, who is named Autumn (although Suzy calls her Maybelle) and now lives in our yard. So cute! See her shenanigans, if I can load them.

Our new house is nice and not far from the old one. We are still close to the Resort, so we can work out if we want. In other news, the Oasis of Life restaurant has just re-opened, and that means there are now 3 places to go
Moving crewMoving crewMoving crew

This is the pickup that took us and our fridge from the old house (the yard of which we are in here) to the new house.
in town that actually have good food! We haven't tried it yet, but the menu looks gooooood.

I'll be adding another entry about what we've been doing....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Betty and PatienceBetty and Patience
Betty and Patience

This is Betty, who helps us with laundry and cleaning, and a baby named Patience (not her baby).


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb