Another day in paradise....!


Advertisement
Uganda's flag
Africa » Uganda » Central Region » Kampala
June 4th 2010
Published: June 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Kids at PCAKids at PCAKids at PCA

Hamza and Aisha outside the PCA home.
Well here we are again, time has flown over the past couple of weeks and once again we find that it is time to write our blog. The past week has presented a couple of major challenges for us with two young kids from the streets needing dire help. While dealing with these cases we have both questioned ourselves and other people. Although it is hard not to be weighed down by what we have seen, it is also times like these that we see the compassion and humanity in other people. There are so many people here in Uganda, both African and foreigners, who are dedicated to helping these kids when no one else will. While we have been struggling with the fact that we can not help everyone, the thing that has kept us going is that we have at least managed to make a real difference in these kids lives... and to quote a very wise person: 'it is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness'.

On a lighter note, the kids have now finished their second week back at school. Every time we see them and ask them how school was they are
Letter timeLetter timeLetter time

Ruth writing letters to international friends.
always eager to tell us what they have done that day. We are both so happy to see how eager these kids are to be at school and see how much they want to learn. They study extra hours at home and always question everything and want to know more.

Our own personal trials and tribulations continue with both of us managing to contract a nasty stomach bug which lasted a week. Thankfully, today we are both back to normal. We will definitely listen next time when our friends tell us not to eat the local food on the side of the road...luckily we both have a couple of extra kilos to lose :-).

All the good work that we have managed to do would not be possible without the love and support of all of our friends and family back home, we and the kids from PCA are so grateful - thank you all.

Until next time, we will leave you with these photos.

Love Kate and Jac.
xoxo


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Study timeStudy time
Study time

Even on their day off, the kids are studying hard!
Some down timeSome down time
Some down time

Kate and Jac having a Nile (beer) on the Nile (river).


4th June 2010

Sensational stuff
Well done you two .... you are doing fabulous work .... and your 'down time' on the Nile looks pretty aokay as well.
5th June 2010

Another day in Paradise...
Hi again, Great job your all doing,---yes there will be downs,!!----"thats life " but it's obvious to see by the smiles on there faces, you are making a difference in there lives,------and they are in yours !!!, Thinking of you often, All our love Mum/Dad XX
7th June 2010

Well Done
You guys are doing a fabulous job. Must be so satisfying to see the kids off to school, and revelling in the challenges. Hope you manage to stay well and develop stomachs of steel !. Take Care

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb