my trip


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania
August 23rd 2006
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

for those worried about my little trip tomorrow:
I will try to find the internet in kigoma in order to tell all, but i wouldnt be surprised if i do not write until i get back also.
i leave tomorrow morning early from ubungo bus station near to the university. i have a ticket for a bus leaving at 8 am (2 swahili time, which is very easy to get used to. the day starts at 6 am since that is when the sun rises and the first hour is therefor our 7am.) and will be in dodoma hopefully after 6 hours, though transportation is more than unreliable. the train then leaves at 6pm, i splurged 40 dollars for a 1st class ticket so that my camera will not get stolen and i have the mesh wire thing for my backpack. the train can take up to 2 days but i should be there by 6pm on friday. that is what is expected. in kigoma i have no idea where i will stay but there are hotels, hostels, and campsites and natalie has a large tent. i am not sure when i will go to gombe. i have to communicate with the park via boat radio since they have no phone lines or cell phones. i have no other plans, only to be in the hands of this wonderful country and all of its unknowns. have no return ticket because it can only be bought in kigoma. will probably leave next thursday or friday. want to meet the people in the west, i hear since there are much fewer tourists there they are much more friendly to white people. the beaches also on lake tanganyika are beautiful to the utmost degree. and the mountains too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb