Leaving Africa. Jambo!


Advertisement
Tanzania's flag
Africa » Tanzania » Zanzibar
October 30th 2005
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Zanzibar Zanzibar Zanzibar

Life along the beach
It's our final day in Africa before flying out to Mumbai, India this afternoon. I'm glad to say that we have survived it with all of our belongings and body parts intact! From everything you read and hear about both safari and the crime rate in cities, it must be somewhat of a miracle!

We spent the last few days on safari again, at the Masai Mara (yes, for the second time!). As well as all the usual false alarms (crocologs, hippopotracks etc...) we saw all of the big five again apart from the elusive rhino. Some of the highlights were a family of ostriches with about 30 tiny babies, a family of a mother leopard with 5 cute cubs, a pride of lions including males and cubs, and the all time highlight, another near-kill, this time involving a leopard. We watched as she crept closer to the prey, some sweet-looking Thomson gazelle, before changing into a trot, and then a full-out run, just missing them! It was thrilling to watch the chase though.

Before that, we spent a week on the island of Zanzibar in Tanzania. It far exceeded my expectations, with the crumbling narrow alleyways of stone town, and the world-class white sand beaches with turquoise waters. We did some snorkelling and saw parrot fish, lion fish, pipe fish, an eel, and sea snakes to name a few. No turtles or shark though, as in Bali.




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

King of the Jungle !King of the Jungle !
King of the Jungle !

2nd Masai Mara Trip


4th September 2010

RESULT!!! Found it - bit short and sweet though!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb